Reactive Programming with RxJava
In today’s app-driven era, when programs are asynchronous and responsiveness is so vital, reactive programming can help you write code that’s more reliable, easier to scale, and better-performing. With this practical book, Java developers will first learn how to view problems in the reactive way, and then build programs that leverage the best features of this exciting new programming paradigm.
Authors Tomasz Nurkiewicz and Ben Christensen include concrete examples that use the RxJava library to solve real-world performance issues on Android devices as well as the server. You’ll learn how RxJava leverages parallelism and concurrency to help you solve today’s problems. This book also provides a preview of the upcoming 2.0 release.
- Write programs that react to multiple asynchronous sources of input without descending into "callback hell"
- Get to that aha! moment when you understand how to solve problems in the reactive way
- Cope with Observables that produce data too quickly to be consumed
- Explore strategies to debug and to test programs written in the reactive style
- Efficiently exploit parallelism and concurrency in your programs
- Learn about the transition to RxJava version 2
Buy On Amazon »
Kotlin in Action
Summary Kotlin in Action guides experienced Java developers from the language basics of Kotlin all the way through building appl ...Details »
Reactive Programming with Java and ReactiveXAbout This BookExplore the essential tools and operators RxJava provides, and know w ...Details »
Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (3rd Edition) (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide is an introductory Android book for programmers with Java experience. Based ...Details »
Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design (Robert C. Martin Series)
Practical Software Architecture Solutions from the Legendary Robert C. Martin (“Uncle Bob”) By applying universal rules ...Details »
Kotlin Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Kotlin is a statically typed programming language designed to interoperate with Java and fully supported by Google on the Androi ...Details »