Xamarin in Action: Creating native cros...
...platform mobile apps
Xamarin in Action teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You'll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from design to deployment. By the end, you'll be able to build a quality, production-ready Xamarin app on iOS and Android from scratch with a high level of code reuse.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Rewriting the same app for iOS and Android is tedious, error-prone, and expensive. Microsoft's Xamarin drastically reduces dev time by reusing most application code--typically 70% or more. The core of your iOS and Android app is shared; you write platform-specific code only for the UI layer. And because Xamarin uses C#, your apps benefit from everything this modern language and the .NET ecosystem have to offer.
About the Book
Xamarin in Action teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You'll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from design to deployment. Xamarin expert Jim Bennett teaches you design practices that maximize code reuse and isolate device-specific code, making it a snap to incorporate the unique features of each OS.
- Understanding MVVM to maximize code reuse and testability
- Creating cross-platform model and UI logic layers
- Building device-specific UIs
- Unit and automated UI testing
- Preparing apps for publication with user tracking and crash analytics
Readers should have some experience with C#. Mobile development experience is helpful, but not assumed.
About the Author
Jim Bennett is a Senior Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft, specializing in Xamarin mobile apps. He's a frequent speaker at events all around the world, including Xamarin user groups and Xamarin and Microsoft conferences. He regularly blogs about Xamarin development at jimbobbennett.io.
Table of Contents
- PART 1 - GETTING STARTED WITH XAMARIN
- Introducing native cross-platform applications with Xamarin
- Hello MVVM--creating a simple cross-platform app using MVVM
- MVVM--the model-view-view model design pattern
- Hello again, MVVM--understanding and enhancing our simple MVVM app
- What are we (a)waiting for? An introduction to multithreading for Xamarin apps PART 2 - BUILDING APPS
- Designing MVVM cross-platform apps
- Building cross-platform models
- Building cross-platform view models
- Building simple Android views
- Building more advanced Android views
- Building simple iOS views
- Building more advanced iOS views PART 3 - FROM WORKING CODE TO THE STORE
- Running mobile apps on physical devices
- Testing mobile apps using Xamarin UITest
- Using App Center to build, test, and monitor apps
- Deploying apps to beta testers and the stores
Buy On Amazon »
Key FeaturesPacked with real-world scenarios and solutions to help you build professional grade mobile apps with Xamarin.FormsBu ...Details »
Summary C# in Depth, Fourth Edition is your key to unlocking the powerful new features added to the language in C# 5, 6, and 7. ...Details »
When you have questions about C# 7.0 or the .NET CLR and its core Framework assemblies, this bestselling guide has the answers y ...Details »
...platform mobile UI with Xamarin and C# 7, 2nd EditionLearn how to build stunning, maintainable, cross-platform mobile applica ...Details »
...world cross-platform mobile apps with C# and Xamarin.FormsExplore Xamarin.Forms to develop dynamic applications Key Features ...Details »
Discover how to create cross platform apps for Android, iOS and UWP using Azure services and C# with Xamarin Forms. This book il ...Details »
This essential classic title provides a comprehensive foundation in the C# programming language and the frameworks it lives in. ...Details »
Develop native applications for multiple mobile and desktop platforms including but not limited to iOS, Android, and UWP with th ...Details »
...Platform Mobile AppsLearn the bare essentials needed to begin developing cross-platform, mobile apps using Xamarin.Forms. App ...Details »
When you need answers for programming with C# 7.0, this tightly focused reference tells you exactly what you need to know—with ...Details »