The iPad User's Guide to iOS 12: Tips, Tricks & Tutorials for Using iOS 12 on the iPad (iOS User Series) (Volume 2)
So, you’ve setup your iPad and don’t know what to do next. Perhaps you're looking for solutions to obscure questions about how to use your iPad, or how to use the new features of iOS 12? Well, now you can look it up in this book and learn the full potential of your iPad using the most recent iOS 12 operating system.
Discover tips, tricks and tutorials you can use right away with your iPad to maximise its functionality with the iOS 12 operating system and open a world of new possibilities. Learn how to use your iPad as a powerful communication, organisation, and productivity tool, as well as a feature-packed entertainment device.
This book covers all the new features of iOS 12 including screen time, bedtime mode, grouped notifications, tracking battery usage, updated apps, Siri shortcuts and more. It is also a wealth of information on little-known features and how to use them.
You can find easy-to-follow instructions and screenshots direct from the iPad, simple shortcuts and hundreds of tips in the following chapters:
- Finding your way around the iPad: the new iOS 12 gestures, recover and reset Apple ID passwords.
- Getting Started with the iPad: Setting up a new iPad, upgrading your iPad to iOS 12. An overview of the updates introduced in iOS 12.
- The App Store: How to navigate the App Store and learn about all the various tabs.
- Security and Privacy: Two-factor authentication, a look at all the privacy and security settings and what they mean, childproofing your iPad and family sharing.
- Organisation: How to use the dock, control centre, Do Not Disturb and Bedtime mode, organising apps: moving, deleting, offloading, updating, creating folders and Home screens, wallpaper.
- Settings: Keep safe- learn what settings to disable and tweak, Screentime, keychain passwords, iCloud settings, manage storage, battery and a look at the most important settings you need to change.
- Safari: How to browse the web, tweak Safari’s settings to protect your privacy, tips for using Safari effectively, using split view, the reader, bookmarks, etc.
- Siri: How to use Siri shortcuts, suggestions, and a whole lot of useful Siri commands.
- Navigation and Input: How to use the keyboard, keyboard tips, voice input, dictation.
- Communication: Email, messages, managing the inbox and VIP mail, adding email accounts, attaching documents, marking up documents and photos.
- Productivity: Storage options, how to expand your storage, annotating screenshots, digitally signing pdf documents, scanning documents, markup images and screenshots, the many ways to share your data.
- Accessibility: Options to improve vision like contrast, bold, increase text legibility, inverting the screen, using the magnifier and accessibility shortcuts.
- Multitasking: How to use split view, slide over view, picture in picture, drag and drop.
- Tips for apps:Files, Notes, TV, Calendar, Messages, Contacts, Camera, Photos, Measure
- Troubleshooting the iPad: Maintaining the iPad, solving common problems, rebooting, restoring, what to do if your iPad is stuck, updating the operating system, backups, storage options.
Save time by looking for that pesky tip you've always wanted to learn about. Add to your enjoyment of the iPad and truly unleash its power.
Buy On Amazon »
iPad Pro Guide: The Ultimate Guide for iPad Pro & iOS 12
Updated for 2019! Brought to you by the expert team at Tap Guides and written by best-selling technology author Tom Rudderham, i ...Details »
iPhone: The Missing Manual: The book that should have been in the box
The iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR aren’t just faster and more powerful than ever—they’re also better at all of the things you ...Details »
iOS 12 for iPad: The Answer to All your iOS 12 Questions
If you own an iPad and would like to understand the full benefits of iOS 12, then keep reading …One year following the introdu ...Details »
iOS 12 Introduction Quick Reference Guide for iPad (Cheat Sheet of Instructions, Tips & Shortcuts - Laminated Guide)
4-pg laminated quick reference guide in a compact iPad-friendly format (8.5 inches x 5.5 inches) showing step-by-step instructio ...Details »
Essential iPad: IOS 12 Edition (Computer Essentials)
The twenty-first century offers more technology than we have ever seen before, but with new updates, and apps coming out all the ...Details »
Apple Watch User Guide (2018): Go from a Complete Beginner to Expert
What makes your Apple Watch personal is the style and apps, which means your Apple Watch will be unique to your needs. We can he ...Details »