Beginner's Guide to iOS 12 App Development Using Swift 4: Xcode, Swift and App Design Fundamentals
This book covers iOS 12 app design fundamentals using the latest Swift 4.2 programming language, Xcode 10 and iOS 12 SDK.
The author assumes you have no experience in app development. The book starts with the installation of the required programming environment and setting up the simulators. Then, the simplest "Hello World" app is developed step by step. In the next chapter, basics of the Swift 4.2 programming language are given with practical examples. Screenshots and code snippets are clearly given in the book to guide the reader. After the Swift lecture, 7 real world apps are developed again by step by step instructions. Each code line is explained. As the reader follows the development of the example apps, he/she will learn designing user interfaces, connecting interface objects to code, developing efficient Swift code and testing the app in simulators and real devices.
Sample apps developed in this book are as follows:
1. Disco lights app: Learn the basics of app development and use buttons in your code.
2. Body mass index (BMI) calculator app: Using input boxes, performing calculations and displaying the results on the screen.
3. Simple die roller app: Using random number generator functions, including image sets in your project, displaying images on the screen and changing the displayed image using Swift code.
4. Exercise calorie calculator app: Using global variables, creating tabbed apps and utilizing segmented controls.
5. Show my location app: Adding a map object to your app, setting required permissions, accessing GPS device and showing real time location on the map.
6. SOS sender app: Adding SMS functionality, setting required permissions and sending real time location using SMS.
7. Bounce the ball game: Basics of SpriteKit that is used to develop 2D iOS games, adding objects to the game, sensing screen touches, moving game objects according to touches, combining all these and more to develop a complete ball bouncing game.
This book includes 214 figures and 101 code snippets that are used to explain app development concepts clearly. Full resolution colour figures and complete project files can be viewed and downloaded from the the book's website: www.yamaclis.com/ios12.
Buy On Amazon »
Learn how to create apps for iOS 12 before anyone else. This is the first book to teach you how to work with Swift 4.2, Xcode 10 ...Details »
In this book, we take you on a fun, hands-on and pragmatic journey to learning iOS12 application development using Swift. You'll ...Details »
Stay motivated and overcome obstacles while learning to use Swift Playgrounds and Xcode 10.2 to become a great iOS developer. Th ...Details »
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode 10 IDE, Cocoa Touch, and the latest v ...Details »
Summary Hello Swift! is a how-to guide to programming iOS Apps with the Swift language, written from a kid's perspective. This a ...Details »
Begin your iOS 12 app development journey with this practical guideKey FeaturesKick-start your iOS programming career and have f ...Details »
Dive into the latest release of the Swift programming language with this advanced development book for building highly performan ...Details »
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode 9 IDE, Cocoa Touch, and the latest ve ...Details »
... Android 8 Edition Fully updated for Android Studio 3.0 and Android 8, the goal of this book is to teach the skills necessary ...Details »
This book covers iOS 11 app design fundamentals using the latest Swift 4 programming language, Xcode 9 and iOS 11 SDK.The author ...Details »