C# 7.1 and .NET Core 2.0...
... Modern Cross-Platform Development - Third Edition
C# 7.1 and .NET Core 2.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development is a practical guide to creating powerful cross-platform applications with C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0.
About This Book
- Build modern, cross-platform applications with .NET Core 2.0
- Get up to speed with C#, and up to date with all the latest features of C# 7.1
- Start creating professional web applications with ASP.NET Core 2.0
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those of you who have some prior programming experience or have a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) background, and want to gain a solid foundation with C# and to be introduced to the types of applications you could build which will work cross-platform on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
What You Will Learn
- Build cross-platform applications using C# 7.1 and .NET Core 2.0
- Explore ASP.NET Core 2.0 and learn how to create professional websites, services, and applications
- Improve your application's performance using multitasking
- Use Entity Framework Core and LINQ to query and manipulate data
- Master object-oriented programming with C# to increase code reuse and efficiency
- Familiarize yourself with cross-device app development using the Universal Windows Platform
- Protect and manage your files and data with encryption, streams, and serialization
- Get started with mobile app development using Xamarin.Forms
- Preview the nullable reference type feature of C# 8
C# 7.1 and .NET Core 2.0 is a practical guide to creating powerful cross-platform applications with C# 7.1 and .NET Core 2.0. It gives readers of any experience level a solid foundation in C# and .NET. The first part of the book runs you through the basics of C#, as well as debugging functions and object-oriented programming, before taking a quick tour through the latest features of C# 7.1 such as default literals, tuples, inferred tuple names, pattern matching, and more.
After quickly taking you through C# and how .NET works, you'll explore the .NET Standard 2.0 class libraries, covering topics such as packaging and deploying your own libraries, and using common libraries for working with collections, performance, databases, and encryption. The final section demonstrates the major types of application that you can build and deploy cross-device and cross-platform. Here, you'll learn about websites, web applications, web services, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, and mobile apps. By the end of the book, you'll be armed with all the knowledge you need to build modern, cross-platform applications using C# and .NET.
Style and approach
This book takes a step-by-step approach and is filled with exciting projects and fascinating theory. It uses three high-impact sections to equip you with all the tools you'll need to build modern, cross-platform applications using C# and .NET Core 2.0.
Table of Contents
- Hello, C#! Welcome, .NET Core!
- Speaking C#
- Controlling the Flow and Converting Types
- Writing, Debugging, and Testing Functions
- Building Your Own Types with OOP
- Implementing Interfaces and Inheriting Classes
- Understanding and Packaging .NET Standard Types
- Using Common .NET Standard Types
- Working with Files, Streams, and Serialization
- Protecting Your Data and Applications
- Working with Databases Using Entity Framework
- Querying and Manipulating Data Using LINQ
- Improving Performance and Scalability Using Multitasking
- Building Websites Using ASP.NET Core Razor Pages
- Building Websites Using ASP.NET Core MVC
- Building Web Services and Application Using ASP.NET Core
- Building Windows Apps Using XAML & Fluent Design
Buy On Amazon »
Now in its 7th edition, the best selling book on MVC is updated for ASP.NET Core MVC 2. It contains detailed explanations of the ...Details »
This essential classic title provides a comprehensive foundation in the C# programming language and the frameworks it lives in. ...Details »
...Stack Web Development with .NET Core and AngularDevelop a simple, yet fully functional modern web application using ASP.NET C ...Details »
When you have questions about C# 7.0 or the .NET CLR and its core Framework assemblies, this bestselling guide has the answers y ...Details »
The professional’s guide to C# 7, with expert guidance on the newest features Professional C# 7 and .NET Core 2.0 provides exp ...Details »
When you need answers for programming with C# 7.0, this tightly focused reference tells you exactly what you need to know—with ...Details »
...on Project (Learn Coding Fast with Hands-On Project) (Volume 3)Master C# Programming with a unique Hands-On Project (Updated ...Details »
Your hands-on guide to Microsoft Visual C# fundamentals with Visual Studio 2017 Expand your expertise--and teach yourself the f ...Details »
Stay ahead of the web evolution with elegant combination front-end development Front-End Development with ASP.NET Core, Angular, ...Details »
Skip the basics and delve right into Visual Studio 2017 advanced features and tools Professional Visual Studio 2017 is the indus ...Details »