2D Apple Games by Tutorials Second Edition: Beginning 2D iOS, tvOS, macOS & watchOS Game Development with Swift 3
Learn How to Make 2D Games for iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS!
Learn how to make games for all the major Apple platforms in Swift, using Apple's built-in 2D game framework: SpriteKit. Through a series of mini-games and challenges, you will go from beginner to advanced and learn everything you need to make your own game!
By the time you’re finished reading this book, you will have made 6 complete mini-games, from an action game to a puzzle game to a racing game!
Topics Covered in 2D Apple Games by Tutorials
- Sprites: Get started quickly and get your images onto your screen.
- Manual Movement: Move sprites manually with a crash course on 2D math.
- Actions: Learn how to move sprites the “easy way” using SpriteKit actions.
- Scenes and Transitions: Make multiple screens in your app and move between them.
- Camera: Use SpriteKit’s built-in camera to control your view.
- Labels: Learn how to display text for lives, score and more in your game.
- Physics: Add realistic physics behavior into your games.
- Beyond Sprites: Add video nodes, core image filters, and custom shapes.
- Particle Systems: Add explosions, star fields, and other special effects.
- Adding “Juice”: Take your game from good to great by polishing it until it shines.
- Online Gaming: Add multiplayer features to your game with Apple’s Game Center.
- Tile Maps: Make games that use tile maps with obstacles, power-ups, and more.
- tvOS: Learn how to port your game to the Apple TV and work with the remote.
- watchOS: Take advantage of the unique features of the Apple Watch.
- macOS: Learn how to bring 2D gaming to the desktop.
And much more, including bonus chapters on augmented reality in ARKit and creating your own 2D game art!
Buy On Amazon »
Learn How to Make 3D iOS Games! Learn how to make 3D games in Swift, using Apple's built-in 3D game framework: Scene Kit. Throug ...Details »
Key Features Create and design games for iPhone and iPad using SpriteKit and Swift 3.0 Learn the core fundamentals of SpriteKit ...Details »
Make Delightful Animations with Swift!There’s no denying it: creating animations is one of the most enjoyable parts of iOS dev ...Details »
Ready to create amazing games for iOS? With Apple’s Swift programming language, it’s never been easier. This updated cookboo ...Details »
Build fast and powerful applications by harnessing the power of protocol-oriented programming in Swift 4Key FeaturesLeverage the ...Details »
Learn iPhone and iPad Programming via Tutorials! If you’re new to iOS or Swift, or to programming in general, learning how to ...Details »
Dive into the latest release of the Swift programming language with this advanced development book for building highly performan ...Details »
Learn iPhone and iPad Programming via Tutorials!If you’re new to iOS or Swift, or to programming in general, learning how to w ...Details »
Learn How to Program with Swift 4.2!Swift is the easiest way to get started developing on Apple's platforms: iOS, OS X, watchOS ...Details »
Dino Esposito's Programming ASP.NET Core is the definitive guide to practical software development with Microsoft's exciting new ...Details »