Swift Apprentice: Beginning programming with Swift 4.2
Learn How to Program with Swift 4.2!
Swift is the easiest way to get started developing on Apple's platforms: iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS. With the release of Swift 4.2 in 2018, the Swift language is packed with even more features and enhancements.
In this book, you'll learn the basics of Swift from getting started with playgrounds to simple operations to building your own types. Everything you'll learn is platform-neutral; you'll have a firm understanding of Swift by the end of this book, and you'll be ready to move on to whichever app platform you're interested in.
Who This Book Is For:
This book is for complete beginners to Swift 4.2. No prior programming experience is necessary!
Topics Covered in The Swift Apprentice
- Playground basics: Learn about the coding environment where you can quickly and easily try out your code as you learn.
- Numbers & strings: These are the basic kinds of data in any app — learn how to use them in Swift.
- Making decisions: Your code doesn't always run straight through — learn how to use conditions and decide what to do.
- Functions: Group your code together into reusable chunks to run and pass around.
- Collection types: Discover the many ways Swift offers to store and organize data into collections.
- Building your own types: Learn how to model elements in your app using classes, structures and enumerations.
- Protocols & protocol-oriented programming: Define protocols to make your code more interface-based and compositional.
- Error handling: Make your code more robust and flexible by signaling and handling error conditions gracefully.
- Functional programming: Learn how to use Swift in a functional style and how this can make your code clearer and easier to reason about.
After reading this book and completing your Swift apprenticeship by working through the included exercises and challenges, you'll be ready to take on app development on the platform of your choice!
Buy On Amazon »
iOS Apprentice: Beginning iOS development with Swift 4.2
Learn iPhone and iPad Programming via Tutorials!If you’re new to iOS or Swift, or to programming in general, learning how to w ...Details »
iOS Apps for Masterminds 4th Edition: How to take advantage of Swift 4.2, iOS 12, and Xcode 10 to create insanely great apps for iPhones and iPads
Learn how to create apps for iOS 12 before anyone else. This is the first book to teach you how to work with Swift 4.2, Xcode 10 ...Details »
2D Apple Games by Tutorials Second Edition: Beginning 2D iOS, tvOS, macOS & watchOS Game Development with Swift 3
Learn How to Make 2D Games for iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS! Learn how to make games for all the major Apple platforms in Swift, ...Details »