Beginner's Guide to iOS 11 App Development Using Swift 4: Xcode, Swift and App Design Fundamentals
This book covers iOS 11 app design fundamentals using the latest Swift 4 programming language, Xcode 9 and iOS 11 SDK.
The author assumes you have no experience in app development. The book starts with the installation of the required programming environment and setting up the simulators. Then, the simplest "Hello World" app is developed step by step. In the next chapter, basics of the Swift 4 programming language are given with practical examples. Screenshots and code snippets are clearly given in the book to guide the reader. After the Swift lecture, 7 real world apps are developed again by step by step instructions. Each code line is explained. As the reader follows the development of the example apps, he/she will learn designing user interfaces, connecting interface objects to code, developing efficient Swift code and testing the app in simulators and real devices.
Sample apps developed in this book are as follows:
1. Disco lights app: Learn the basics of app development and use buttons in your code.
2. Body mass index (BMI) calculator app: Using input boxes, performing calculations and displaying the results on the screen.
3. Simple die roller app: Using random number generator functions, including image sets in your project, displaying images on the screen and changing the displayed image using Swift code.
4. Exercise calorie calculator app: Using global variables, creating tabbed apps and utilizing segmented controls.
5. Show my location app: Adding a map object to your app, setting required permissions, accessing GPS device and showing real time location on the map.
6. SOS sender app: Adding SMS functionality, setting required permissions and sending real time location using SMS.
7. Bounce the ball game: Basics of SpriteKit that is used to develop 2D iOS games, adding objects to the game, sensing screen touches, moving game objects according to touches, combining all these and more to develop a complete ball bouncing game.
This book includes 214 figures and 101 code snippets that are used to explain app development concepts clearly. Full resolution colour figures and complete project files can be viewed and downloaded from the the book's website: www.yamaclis.com/ios11.
Buy On Amazon »
Apple’s Swift is a powerful, beginner-friendly programming language that anyone can use to make cool apps for the iPhone or iP ...Details »
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode 9 IDE, Cocoa Touch, and the latest ve ...Details »
Get ahead of everyone else and learn the latest technologies introduced by Apple. This is the first book to teach you how to wor ...Details »
Dive into the latest release of the Swift programming language with this advanced development book for building highly performan ...Details »
Summary Do you have a fantastic idea for an iPhone app but no idea how to bring it to life? Great news! With the right tools and ...Details »
Learn how to create apps for iOS 12 before anyone else. This is the first book to teach you how to work with Swift 4.2, Xcode 10 ...Details »
Updated for Xcode 8, Swift 3, and iOS 10, iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide leads you through the essential concepts, ...Details »
...grade iOS applications with Swift 4 and Xcode 9, 2nd EditionTransition to a professional iOS developer with the most in-depth ...Details »
Learn how to integrate all the interface elements iOS users have come to know and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, tool ...Details »
Through the authors' carefully constructed explanations and examples, you will develop an understanding of Swift grammar and th ...Details »