Learn Unity ML-Agents - Fundamentals of Unity Machine Learning: Incorporate new powerful ML algorithms such as Deep Reinforcement Learning for games
Transform games into environments using machine learning and Deep learning with Tensorflow, Keras, and Unity
- Learn how to apply core machine learning concepts to your games with Unity
- Learn the Fundamentals of Reinforcement Learning and Q-Learning and apply them to your games
- Learn How to build multiple asynchronous agents and run them in a training scenario
Unity Machine Learning agents allow researchers and developers to create games and simulations using the Unity Editor, which serves as an environment where intelligent agents can be trained with machine learning methods through a simple-to-use Python API.
This book takes you from the basics of Reinforcement and Q Learning to building Deep Recurrent Q-Network agents that cooperate or compete in a multi-agent ecosystem. You will start with the basics of Reinforcement Learning and how to apply it to problems. Then you will learn how to build self-learning advanced neural networks with Python and Keras/TensorFlow. From there you move o n to more advanced training scenarios where you will learn further innovative ways to train your network with A3C, imitation, and curriculum learning models. By the end of the book, you will have learned how to build more complex environments by building a cooperative and competitive multi-agent ecosystem.
What you will learn
- Develop Reinforcement and Deep Reinforcement Learning for games.
- Understand complex and advanced concepts of reinforcement learning and neural networks
- Explore various training strategies for cooperative and competitive agent development
- Adapt the basic script components of Academy, Agent, and Brain to be used with Q Learning.
- Enhance the Q Learning model with improved training strategies such as Greedy-Epsilon exploration
- Implement a simple NN with Keras and use it as an external brain in Unity
- Understand how to add LTSM blocks to an existing DQN
- Build multiple asynchronous agents and run them in a training scenario
Who this book is for
This book is intended for developers with an interest in using Machine learning algorithms to develop better games and simulations with Unity.
The reader will be required to have a working knowledge of C# and a basic understanding of Python.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Machine Learning & ML-Agents
- The Bandit and Reinforcement Learning
- Deep Reinforcement Learning with Python
- Adding Agent Exploration and Memory
- Playing the Game
- Terrarium Revisited – Building A Multi-Agent Ecosystem
Buy On Amazon »
Leverage the power of reward-based training for your deep learning models with PythonKey FeaturesUse Q-learning to train deep le ...Details »
A Wired senior editor and virtual reality expert presents a captivating, candid glimpse into the future "realities" of this emer ...Details »
Learn and Implement game AI in Unity 2018 to build smart game environments and enemies with A*, Finite State Machines, Behavior ...Details »
Understand the core concepts of deep learning and deep reinforcement learning by applying them to develop gamesKey FeaturesApply ...Details »
Explore various recipes to build games using popular artificial intelligence techniques and algorithms such as Navmesh navigatio ...Details »
Learn the core concepts of neural networks and discover the different types of neural network, using Unity as your platform. In ...Details »
Data Management offers an in-depth, fully integrated coverage of data modeling and SQL that distinguishes it from other texts on ...Details »
Write maintainable, fault-tolerant, and cleaner game codes by understanding the standard development patterns and battle-tested ...Details »
Bring realism to your games by mastering post-processing effects and advanced shading techniques in Unity 2018Key FeaturesLearn ...Details »
...On: Apply modern RL methods, with deep Q-networks, value iteration, policy gradients, TRPO, AlphaGo Zero and moreThis practic ...Details »